- 10mcg dose selected to advance into Part B of Phase 1/2a study of VBI-1901 in recurrent GBM
- Expanded data from Part A of the Phase 1/2a study of VBI-1901 selected for poster presentation at ASCO
- Conference call and webcast Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 8:30 AM ET
VBI Vaccines Inc. (NASDAQ: VBIV) (“VBI”), a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company developing next-generation infectious disease and immuno-oncology vaccines, today announced:
Advancement into Part B of the Phase 1/2a clinical study of VBI-1901 in recurrent glioblastoma (GBM):
- Based on safety and immunogenicity, the highest dose tested in Part A of the ongoing Phase 1/2a study of VBI-1901 in recurrent GBM, 10mcg, has been selected as the optimal dose level to test in Part B of the study.
- Where Part A of the study was a dose-escalation phase to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and to define the optimal therapeutic dose level of VBI-1901, Part B of the study is a subsequent extension phase with narrower enrollment criteria, designed to more clearly assess immunologic responses and early potential clinical benefit.
- Initiation of enrollment of the 10 patients in Part B is expected mid-year 2019.
Expanded data from Part A of the Phase 1/2a study of VBI-1901 in recurrent GBM selected for poster presentation at ASCO 2019:
- Expanded immunologic data and tumor and clinical responses from all three dose cohorts in Part A of the study will be presented in a poster presentation at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting in early June.
- The poster, number 237, will be presented during the Central Nervous System Tumors session on Sunday, June 2, 2019 from 8:00 AM ET to 11:00 AM ET.
VBI management to hold a conference call on Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 8:30 AM ET, to provide a pipeline update including:
- Additional details on the GBM program and the design of Part B of the Phase 1/2a study;
- An overview and update of VBI-2601, VBI’s immuno-therapeutic in a clinical collaboration with Brii Biosciences for the development of a functional cure for hepatitis B, following the Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) 2019; and
- An update on Sci-B-Vac®, VBI’s trivalent hepatitis B vaccine, including data presented at EASL 2019, in anticipation of the top-line data from the ongoing pivotal Phase 3 study, PROTECT, expected mid-year 2019.
Conference Call and Webcast Details
VBI Vaccines will host a conference call and webcast with accompanying slides on Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 8:30 AM ET. The live webcast and slide presentation can be accessed via the Events/Presentations page in the Investors section of the company’s website, or by clicking this link: https://edge.media-server.com/m6/p/m5w3kz77.
A replay of the webcast will be archived on the company’s website for 90 days following the live conference call.
To listen to the live conference call, please dial:
- Toll-free U.S. & Canada Dial-In: (866) 602-1050
- International Dial-In: (409) 231-2052
- Conference ID: 2865189